CORE objective: To refine and scrutinize the unifying framework for strategic sustainable development (SSD) – including basic principles for sustainability, a backcasting methodology, strategic guidelines for sustainable development and basic principles for learning, communication and organizational change toward sustainability.
The Alliance for Strategic Sustainable Development is composed of several projects that are operated as the core because they are focused on elaborating on the Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development (FSSD). The thematic areas that are applying the Framework are characterized as petals.
The core programs are:
- Elaboration of Sustainability Principles
- Decision Support for Sustainable Value-Chains
- Sustainability Based Product Labeling and Procurement
- SPIRIT Center for Sustainable Product Service System Innovation, Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH), SWEDEN
- CERO Climate and Economic Research in Organizations, Royal Institute of Technology, SWEDEN
- Emerging Communication Interfaces for Sustainability, Sheridan Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, CANADA
- Energy Systems, Linköping University, SWEDEN
- Green Science, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Strategic Sustainability Management, University of Graz, AUSTRIA
- A Global Trade Reference Currency the Terra, USA, RUSSIA, SWEDEN
- Urban Regions in the Delta; Delta East, Radboud University Nijmegen, THE NETHERLANDS